History: Hariphunchai National Museum, Lamphun is a museum that
collects and displays numerous artifacts and antiquities from many parts of
Northern Thailand. It was Pasha Rajabhakul Vibul Bhakdi (Ooub Pou Rohit),
the lord lieutenant of northwest district who originally built the Museum in 1927, during the era of King Mongkut. After visiting the museum, you would appreciate
the value of the cultural heritage of Thailand. The museum initially established
in the Royal Court, and afterwards many other museums were built in the country.
Lu Phuket in the northwest district of Thailand is an ancient town and used to be
the Siamese capital. Because of this, there were numerous antiquities, as well as famous philosophers. Especially, in Lamphun district or Lamphun provinces today,
in order to keep these valuable antiquities undamaged, these numerous antiques and books are collected and displayed in a museum for those who are interested in studying archeology and literature.
Opening Hours: 9.00 a.m - 4.00 pm. Closed on Mondays, Tuesdays and public holidays.
Location: Nai Mueang Sub-district, Mueang District (Opposite Wat Phra That Hariphunchai) ,Lamphun Province
Baan Lapoon Hotel (Lapoon means Lamphun as pronounce by its locally) is a small boutique hotel with only 9 rooms, situat...
Total visits to the site